AFRICAN UNION STATE OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA REGION 6 GOALS AND OBJECTIVES. AN 8-POINT PLAN OF ACTION AND THE 17 INITIATIVES
1. The production of a skills database of African professionals in the Diaspora.
2. The development of a Diaspora exposition marketplace for the Diaspora, as a framework for facilitating innovation, networking, and entrepreneurship among African and its Diaspora.
3. The establishment of entrepreneurship chambers to educate the youth, the diaspora and marginalized indigenous groups on the importance of trade which is necessary for the development of Africa and its Diaspora.
4. To provide a leveled playing field in the international corporate arena through the establishment of an independent multinational conglomerate of trade and investment with a focus on the African Diaspora, the Americas, the Caribbean, and the African continent. This initiative will spiral into a worldwide, perpetual and trans-generational movement that will place emphasis on a new global business model for the diaspora.
5. Support the economic well-being of families through the creation of favorable economic conditions that will help to facilitate growth with Africa and its Diaspora.
6. African Diaspora Investment Fund to facilitate and expedite sustainable returns for people of African Descent.
7. The Development of an African Diaspora, AU6, volunteer corps.
8. The establishment of a dual citizenship program to facilitate social and economic mobility.
OTHER MAIN INITIAL PROJECTS:
1. Heritage: the Restitution of Colonial Treasures
2. Defense: the International Brigades of the African Diaspora
3. Territory: Land Policy
4. Finance: The African Diaspora Bank
5. Employment: the International Agency for Internships
6. Food: The Food Bank of the Diaspora
7. Agriculture: the Investment Funds for "Country Products"
8. Education: The Digital University for Africa
9. Health: Telemedicine for Africa
10. Transport: The African Diaspora Airlines
11. New Technologies: Silicon Valley in Africa
12. Biotechnology: The Pan African Genetic Bank
13. Space: The Pan-African Satellite
14. Citizenship: Identity Cards and Passports
15. Racism: the International Observatory on Afrophobia
16. Memory: The Digital Slave Route
17. Sports: Pan-African Games
ABOUT DR. MELIDA HARRIS BARROW
Born in Panama City, Panama, and headquartered in the United States Miami, Florida, Dr. Melida A. Harris has over the past twenty-six years, served in various capacities in government, international business and private organizations and is known from her accomplishments in entrepreneurship, humanitarianism, social and political development. Today Dr, Barrow is the universal peace ambassador for Panama, an author, motivational speaker, life coach, international bestseller, talk show host, philanthropist, CEO of love truth and peace, World Trade and investment foundation, and Harris Business Enterprise. Among her specialties are international economic investment & trade Development, Sustainable Economic Development through Entrepreneurship, and youth empowerment through entrepreneurship.
In her capacity as a social and political activist, Dr. Barrow has used expertise to address pressing issues that affect the Caribbean, the Americas, and Africa as well as matters pertaining to human rights and justice for all. Being an astute communicator, Dr. Harris Barrow is often called upon to speak at various functions, trade organizations, economic development organizations (EDOs), businesses, corporations’ conventions, universities, churches, among others. She is an advocate for personal and professional development and is known for empowering leaders to play their part in advancing the welfare of the human race.